Do you want to get married in Australia but reside overseas? That’s okay, we can most certainly marry you here in Australia and it is very easy. The same process applies if only one party resides overseas but the other party is here in Australia. In this day and age and with modern technology ( skype, email etc) we will still be able to communicate regularly and adhere to the legalitlies to be married in Australia.

The main paperwork that must be completed

  1. Notice of Intended Marriage
  2. Proof date and place Birth ( eg Birth Certificate, Passport)
  3. Proof Identity ( eg Drivers Licence, Passport)
  4. Previous Marriage documentation

The Notice of Intended Marriage must be completed carefully by you overseas and I highly recommend the sooner the better. Along with the items mentioned above the Notice of Intended Marriage is to be witnessed by an appropriate officer and then emailed to myself with certified documents then sent by registered mail so I can complete all other requirements and consider the form lodged.

I will need to view the original documents before your wedding date. I recommend bringing them to your wedding rehearsal.

The Notice is to be completed one clear month before your chosen wedding date and is valid for eighteen ( 18) months.

Authorised Officers in your country who are available to witness your documents are

  • An Australian Diplomatic Officer
  • An Australian Consular Officer
  • A Notary Public - A person in any country publicly authorised to attest contracts and perform other formalities. Eg Someone authorised to witness legal documents
  • An Employee of the Commonwealth authorised under the Consular Fees Act 1955
  • An Employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under the Consular Fees Act 1955

As soon as the required legal documents are completed we can start on the exciting items, like writing your ceremony for your big day


Together let’s create your dream Ceremony